Bālāsana / Child's Pose / Child's Resting Pose is a great restorative yoga asana that relaxes the whole body and balances the mind thereby re-charging the person for the rest of the day.
Here are a Few Health Benefits of Bālāsana :
- Effectively calms the mind
- Therapeutic for digestion.
- Lengthens and strengthens the lower back. By separating the knees wider than your hips so that your stomach can rest in between them in a child pose provides a rejuvenating stretch to the hips. The stance helps in alleviating the hip pain and maintains the health of the posterior.
- Great for releasing fatigue: The forward fold of the body and regulated breath helps release all the tensions of the body and transports the body into a relaxation state.
- Enhances blood circulation
- Stretches the Shoulders and Ankles.
- Strengthens the ligaments in the knees.
- It helps fight insomnia: The child pose is a resting yoga posture that calms the mind and releases tension from the neck and shoulders. By releasing stress from the mind and various parts of the body, it helps a person have a sound sleep
- It energizes the body.